Sunday, July 28, 2013

Starlight

It's been quite some time since this post has been in my drafts folder, so today I thought of posting it. 
This song, once again, matches perfectly to what I have felt always when I have been with you. Talk about 2008, 2009, 2011 or 2013. Yes I would never forget those nights and those mornings. People always say that everyday we create memories that we don't realize until the day is over or until the day is long forgotten in our past. But this time, in 2013, I exactly knew it. I knew it while I was having this feeling. I knew that moment would lead me to a post like this one. I knew exactly at the time as it was happening. And that's why we discussed about it too. Walking by the ocean, holding your hand, explaining me the truths of lyf was just amazing. I could not think of anything but focus on what you were telling me. Every day I spend with you, I feel like I have come closer to you. 
I guess I have never had such a meaningful weekend. Doesn't matter which night I talk about, the toughest part has always been to go back home later in the night (I think morning is the correct word here). That's when the music stops, the crowd vanishes, and you start to realize the truth, that the fun is over. Sitting outside that night, I wish they (our beloved friends) never should have found us and taken back home. Except just that I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable with Alex as he was getting too much interested (hopefully not in me).


Starlight
Songwriters: Swift, Taylor Alison;
I said oh my
What a marvelous tune 
It was the best night 
Never would forget how we moved 
The whole place
Was dressed to the nines
And we were dancing, dancing 
Like we're made of starlight 
Like we're made of starlight 

I met Bobby on the boardwalk summer of '45
Picks me up play one night out the window we were 17 and crazy 
Running wild, wild
Can't remember what song he was playing when we walked in
The night we snuck into a yacht club party 
Pretending to be a duchess and a prince 

And I said oh my
What a marvelous tune 
It was the best night 
Never would forget how we moved 
The whole place
Was dressed to the nines
And we were dancing, dancing 
Like we're made of starlight, starlight
Like we're made of starlight, starlight

He said look at you,
Worrying so much about things you can't change
You'll spend your whole life singing the blues
If you keep thinking that way
He was trying to skip rocks on the ocean saying to me 
Don't you see the starlight, starlight
Don't you dream impossible things 

Like, oh my
What a marvelous tune 
It was the best night 
Never would forget how we moved 
The whole place
Was dressed to the nines
And we were dancing, dancing 
Like we're made of starlight, starlight
Like we're made of starlight, starlight 

Ooh, ooh he's talking crazy 
Ooh, ooh dancing with me
Ooh, ooh we could get married 
Have 10 kids and teach them how to dream

Oh my
What a marvelous tune 
It was the best night 
Never would forget how we moved 
The whole place
Was dressed to the nines
And we were dancing, dancing 
Like we're made of starlight, starlight
Like we're made of starlight, starlight
Like we're made of starlight, starlight
Like we dream impossible dreams 
Like starlight, starlight
Like we dream impossible dreams 
Don't you see the starlight, starlight
Don't you dream impossible things

I know this is not the first time I am saying this, but it just happens like this. Every-time I meet you, I realize it just gets better and better. I am not sure what to expect next ;-)

There is no such word as "Thanks" that I can say to you. This word just seems to be incomplete. Knowing you has been one of the best things that has happened to me in this lyf. Learning from you has been so simple. Spending time with you has been fun. There is just no word enough for me to say what you mean to me. Otherwise why do you think I like everything about you. I like to eat where you love to eat. I like to drink whatever you like to drink. I like to watch whatever you love to watch. It's not that I do not have a choice of my own, but certainly, I do like to experience what you have experienced. It's like having this feeling of following a superior being. Liking what you like... doing what you do... thinking what you think and thinking what you would be doing every now and then. I can easily guess what you would be doing at this hour if you are not asleep in your bed. Knowing you adds meaning to my lyf.
A small part of my brain wants to forget all this. Forget spider-man  forget the performance, forget the drinks, forget the fights, forget the anger, forget Alex etc. But the other, ofcourse larger, part of my brain will never forget that night or that whole weekend. All through my lyf, I have always been so fond of only sunlight that I started feeling aquaphobic and  so uncomfortable with places surrounded by water  (now you know the reason why), never knowing that walking by the ocean side could be such an unforgettable experience. Nobody's lyf is perfect and I know yours' hasn't been very smooth too, still worshiping you is like perfect feeling.

I am disappointed by my own lyf then how can I expect miracles from others. There is no point in me talking about the stupid and petty fights that I have been having. Sometimes you don't just need someone to share these things with, but just a corner where you can just sit and cry so that no one notices the sadness behind that face. I am sick and tired of this lyf, but I am too scared of dying. 

P.S: Today was the third time, I was searching something on the internet when I got routed to poem hunter. Strange co-incidence.... Some things never leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment